GSAM, GPS, Lead Portfolio Manager, Healthcare - VP
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Global Portfolio Solutions (GPS) is a multi-asset class investing group that sits within the Investment Management Division at Goldman Sachs. It designs and develops comprehensive investment management solutions customized to meet the investment objectives and relevant constraints of clients. These solutions bring together state-of-the-art techniques for multi-asset portfolio design and implementation and reflect proprietary research and analytics conducted by the GPS team. With investment professionals across the globe, GPS invests or advises on assets for some of the world's leading corporations, sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, and family offices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate would become a member of the Lead Portfolio Management team covering not-for-profit institutions within Global Portfolio Solutions (GPS). The not-for-profit team covers hospitals and healthcare systems, university endowments, private foundations, and faith-based organizations. This role is client-facing and highly analytical, responsible for developing, overseeing, and communicating customized portfolio solutions for clients. Core responsibilities include:
- Advise clients on investment policy, which includes establishing risk and return targets and setting asset allocatiom
- Investment manager / vehicle selection for client portfolios, in collaboration with the external manager selection team
- Daily supervision of complex client portfolios involving risk / performance management and evaluation
- Assist in client relationship management involving portfolio and manager review, managing client investment needs and proposing new strategies aimed at enhancing portfolio characteristics.
- Support in content development involving client and prospect presentation books, request for proposals, research and white papers, and other investment-related analyses.
Other required skills/experience :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and meticulous, strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Intelligent, creative, with good problem-solving abilities
- A self-starter able to work independently and thrive in a team environment
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interest in the financial markets and a good investment sense/commercial instinct
- Experience working with healthcare systems or a background in multi-asset class investing / Outsourced Chief Investment Officer preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top