GSAM, Global Fund Services - Associate/Vice President
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
The Global Fund Services team is part of our GSAM business, responsible for the oversight of GSAM's Pooled Vehicles. The Team interacts very closely with the Funds' external service providers (including Custodian and Fund Administrators), the Funds' Board of Directors (internal and external) as well as with all internal teams connected with setup, running and oversight of the Funds. The Team is at the hub of the day to day oversight of the funds and the role will be varied and will allow the candidate to interact with a wide range of internal and external teams and be involved in a diverse range of tasks and projects.
As a member of the Global Fund Services team, you will be responsible for:
- Fund Events/Change Management Support
- Coordinate launch of new mutual funds / share classes
- Coordinate mergers, closures & other mutual fund events
- Involvement in a wide range of ad-hoc projects, e.g. securities lending, money market reform, and new business launches etc.
- Fund Governance
- Preparation of Board and Committee materials
- Assisting in managing internal GSAM working groups and committees
- Strategic Vendor Management
- Appointment and on-going oversight of key external service providers
- Performance review and issue resolution
- Coordinate service reviews and enhancements
- Ongoing risk management, oversight and due diligence on service providers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with relevant industry experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work with professionals across various levels both internally and externally
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set own priorities and multi-task
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and with activities and targets which may change at short notice
- A high level of accuracy with the ability to maintain this standard while under pressure from deadlines
- Highly motivated individual and self-starter with a proven background of delivery
- Fund experience is not required, but would be an advantage
- Knowledge of fund products (i.e., mutual funds and alternative investment funds) and regulatory environments would be beneficial
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top