GSAM, Fixed Income, Leveraged Finance Senior Credit Analyst, Associate/VP
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
INVESTMENT MANAGEMENTWe're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
The Leveraged Finance Senior Credit Analyst will be an integral part of GSAM's High Yield & Bank Loan team. The Analyst will be responsible for analyzing credits in a number of industries, performing due diligence, modeling and presenting recommendations to desk heads; monitoring credits and assessing relative value based on risk vs. return in a range of different portfolio strategies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Establishing an analytical framework for the industries assigned
- Analyzing the leveraged issuers in those industries, via financial modeling, accounting review, assessment of management's communications, assessment of third-party research, and interaction with management teams and sell-side analysts, among others
- Assessing the relative value of bond and loan investment opportunities by interpretation of capital structures, covenants, market drivers of performance and the value of available alternatives
- Recommending investments across a range of portfolios (with e.g. different risk appetites, restrictions on currencies/countries), defending those recommendations in both oral and written communication with desk heads
- Performing ongoing due diligence and monitoring of portfolio positions and key credits in those industries, and communicating updates in a timely fashion (orally and in writing)
- 3-7 years' experience in high yield or loan credit analysis inclusive of covenant and capital structure drivers
- Sound accounting knowledge and strong financial modeling skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- CFA study (at any level) a plus
- MBA a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top