GSAM, Fixed Income, Investment Guidelines, Analyst/Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is responsible for selling GSAM products and services both directly to institutions and, through third party channels, to markets around the world. GSAM applies insights and risk management expertise to help institutional and individual investors with their financial goals. We focus on building and maintaining long-term client relationships and managing client assets using our core strengths of insight, ability and responsibility.
GSAM is a global leader among Fixed Income managers. Our investment philosophy and process are built around one core concept: empower experts in each sector of the market to deliver value. Each team operates independently, identifying the best trade ideas and implementing them directly into client portfolios. Portfolios are driven by diverse sources of alpha, including both top down and bottom up analysis. Risk management is integral to our process.
The Fixed Income Investment Guidelines Team ("FIIG") is responsible for implementing and maintaining the investment guideline rule environment for the trading desks which include Government, Corporate, Emerging Market, Securitized, Repo, Currency, Money Market Sectors and Strategies ("FICC").
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Oversee and implement new FICC mandates which includes reviewing client investment restrictions, coding, testing and documenting them with specific emphasis on testing rule codes to ensure accuracy and robustness;
- Work with the Lead Portfolio Managers, Trading and Portfolio Oversight teams to maintain accounts
- Work closely with SCS and client relations with respect to onboarding new accounts and client amendments
- Resolve trader pre-trade queries and assist them with implementing corrective trades to issues identified up during pre and post-trade monitoring
- Work with other areas of GSAM (Sales, Legal, Compliance, Operations) to drive the completion of open issues related to client guidelines, account events, and trading
- Work with Strategists and Technologists to test and implement new software and systems
- Work to improve overall process flows and maximize efficiency
- Good knowledge of Fixed Income and Currencies required (broader understanding of MBS, High Yield, Emerging Market Debt, Hedge Funds is preferred)
- Previous experience of working within Asset Management is strongly preferred but alternatively, Operations (covering Fixed Income) or a Compliance background would be suitable.
- Good technical skills (previous experience of using Sentinel, Charles River or Thinkfolio would be ideal)
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast paced-environment
- Good team player and strong leadership skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top