GSAM, Fixed Income, Investment Grade Portfolio Construction, Analyst/Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
INVESTMENT MANAGEMENTWe're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
The Global Investment Grade Corporate Credit team is one of the largest teams in the Fixed Income group. It manages Investment grade corporate bonds in dedicated as well as multi-strategy portfolios for a wide variety of clients globally from pension funds to central banks.
The team is looking for a number of portfolio construction analysts to join the team in New York and London. These newly created roles are aimed at developing and improving the quantitative and qualitative aspects of the portfolio construction process. In these roles we expect the portfolio construction analysts to work closely with research analysts, traders and portfolio managers in order to understand and help develop views to create model portfolios which incorporate these views. The portfolio construction analysts will also be responsible for the ongoing administration of these portfolios as well creating and maintaining a robust process to ensure that the model portfolio is replicated across client portfolios.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Work closely with portfolio managers, research analysts, traders to create and maintain model portfolios by strategy
- Work with Portfolios managers and traders to help design and implement current views
- Responsible for driving process for day to day portfolio monitoring and rebalancing
- Developing new analytics that support portfolio construction and performance monitoring
- Portfolio analysis using existing portfolio construction tools as well as creating new tools
- Automation of generation of regular portfolio monitoring reporting, and attribution
- Quantitative knowledge and or experience of portfolio construction techniques and risk management
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Fixed Income and credit markets
- Experience with developing tools and processes to organise and implement trading strategies
- Programming experience not essential but desirable
- Highly motivated with strong academic background
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work independently within a team structure
- Flexibility, ability to learn quickly
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top