GSAM, Fixed Income Insurance, Assistant Portfolio Manager
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
GSAM is seeking a candidate for the position of Assistant Portfolio Manager (PM) in the Insurance Fixed Income team. The candidate will focus on monitoring exposures and assisting in the management of fixed income investment portfolios for insurance companies, supporting GSAM's team of Senior Insurance PMs.
GSAM's Insurance Asset Management team is an industry leader in the management of the investment portfolios of life and health, P&C and reinsurance companies. GSAM has a dedicated global insurance business including an insurance fixed income management team, a relationship management team and an insurance strategy team. Members of the team are based in New York, London, Germany, Switzerland, Japan and Asia.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop and maintain framework for portfolio construction for complex client portfolios, to allow for efficient allocation of trades to sub-portfolios
- Develop and maintain detailed summary of client guidelines and preferences for portfolios
- Daily monitoring of 100+ portfolios with respect to alignment with active investment views and consistency with client objectives
- Coordinate and direct trading activity relating to cash or in-kind contributions or withdrawals under supervision of the Senior PM
- Coordinate and track discrete client portfolio trading programs and transitions under supervision of Senior PM, including comprehensive internal and client reporting
- Facilitate implementation of portfolio trades in restrictive portfolios by summarizing proposed trades for client approval
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, highly motivated, goal oriented, and highly quantitative. The candidate should possess experience in fixed income investments, have a proven track record of responsibility and attention to detail, have extensive analytical skills, and will be capable of dealing with complex portfolio situations under time pressure.
- Bachelors in Math, physics, hard sciences, computer science, engineering; economics or finance considered with strong quantitative background
- Extensive experience in Excel data tools and pivot tables, or similar experience in other data intensive applications
- Other backgrounds considered based on ability to demonstrate quantitative skills
- 2+ years of experience in fixed income or related field, CFA a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top