GSAM, Credit Alternatives, Private Credit, Analyst/Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management - Credit Alternatives is looking to hire a talented Analyst to work within its growing Private Credit Group ("PCG"). The Credit Alternatives group is an opportunistic credit platform within Goldman Sachs Asset Management with approximately $5 billion under management across various investment vehicles including a specialty lending vehicle (GS BDC, Inc., a Business Development Company), hedge funds, registered funds and separate accounts. The PCG invests primarily out of the GS BDC which currently manages approximately $1 billion of capital. The Analyst will be an integral member of the PCG investing team and will invest across the capital structure in private credit markets. Deal teams within the PCG typically consist of 2 investment professionals only, so the ideal Analyst must be able to handle significant responsibility for investment review and deal execution. PCG is seeking an Analyst that will be able to contribute immediately to expanding the team's investment capability.
- Analyzing potential investment opportunities via offering memorandum review, industry research, financial modeling, financial statement review, interaction with and assessment of management, use of consultants, speaking with customers/suppliers, etc.
- Preparing brief screening memos for new investment opportunities and investment committee memos used for formal investment approval process
- Interfacing directly with private equity funds, C-level executives, other professionals within Goldman Sachs and third party due diligence providers during deal origination and execution process
- Participating in the transaction closing process which includes legal documentation and funding operations
- Performing ongoing due diligence and monitoring of portfolio companies and communicating updates to the investment committee (orally and in writing)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 1-2 years of experience in investment banking (leveraged finance, sponsors group or M&A preferred, but not required), private equity, private credit, management consulting and/or other relevant fields
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Interest in investing in different industries
- Well-rounded team player with energy and enthusiasm
- Good mathematical grounding
- Accounting knowledge and financial modeling aptitude (required)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top