GSAM, Americas Client Business, Multi-Strategy Client Relationship Management Team - Analyst
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure. GSAM Client Business works to develop and execute thoughtful investment solutions for institutional clients across the globe. Our diverse institutional client base includes corporate and public pension funds, foundations and endowments, insurers, financial institutions and governments.
Americas Cl ient Business (ACB) markets GSAM's investment products and services to institutions, financial intermediaries and advisors. The focus is on building and maintaining long-term client relationships and communicating key themes from the firm's leading investm ent professionals. Americas Client Business provides investment solutions across all major asset classes (e.g., fixed income, equities and alternatives) and products including mutual funds, ETFs, separate accounts and alternative investments.
The Multi-Strategy CRM (Client Relationship Management) Team is responsible for managing our Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) client base. Our OCIO program develops customized multi-asset class investment solutions to assist clients (mainly Corporate Pension Plans and Endowment & Foundations) in balancing strategic priorities and day-to-day decision-making based on their distinct investment objectives and level of outsourcing needs. The CRM team serves as the main point of contact for our clients, and quarterbacks their needs across all areas of the organization. In particular, the group works directly with GSAM's Global Portfolio Solutions (GPS) team who is responsible for creating the customized portfolios and also with the Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) team who is responsible for overseeing the due diligence process and selection of external investment managers to be utilized in our client portfolios.
We are seeking a highly motivated team player for an analyst role on the Multi-Strategy CRM team within the Americas Client Business. In this role, you will support the day-to-day needs of a client facing team to helping retain existing assets while providing an exceptional client service experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordination of Portfolio Activities:
- Work with Lead Portfolio Managers (LPMs) to support the investment process, i.e. ad hoc queries, changes to portfolio guidelines, trading programs.
- Orchestrate client portfolio review meetings (scheduling prep call to establish objectives/agenda, create internal pre meeting and briefing notes, lead discussions and coordinate on follow up items).
- Liaise closely with our legal, compliance, operations and controllers teams.
Communication with our Clients:
- Work in partnership with Senior Client Relationship Managers and Global Portfolio Solutions (GPS) LPMs to develop strategic plans and portfolio investment process.
- Assist with the communication of market, Firm, Division and team updates
- Coordinate conference calls and other information sharing on topical events.
- Help with providing client training on financial products and the investment industry.
Oversight of Reporting:
- Work with dedicated reporting teams to oversee the client reporting process.
- Manage the development of customized reporting with GPS and relevant teams.
- Oversee our client portal for client set up, access and training.
- Coordinate responses to audit requests, questionnaires and other ad hoc queries (including regulatory and tax inquiries).
Monitor Operational Support:
- Coordinate client liquidity needs, inflows, allocations, subscriptions and redemptions.
- Oversee responses to operational and valuation queries.
- Liaise between the client and the Federation to ensure operational needs across all investments and functional areas are met.
- Work closely with senior team members to manage, enhance, develop and retain existing client relationships and ensure all client needs are met.
- Work with senior team members to develop and execute a strategic plan for each client, which outlines a service plan and specific deliverables.
- Build and develop relationships with existing institutional clients with the goal to independently interact and manage own relationships.
- Ensure all reoccurring and bespoke client requests, including all reporting deliverables, are met on a timely basis.
- Coordinate ongoing client account maintenance items (e.g. cash flows, account updates, guideline changes, client organizational changes, etc.).
- Partner with Portfolio / Product Manager(s) to prepare and review materials for portfolio review meetings.
- Identify and escalate any sensitive client issues to senior team members; coordinate a timely response to the client.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders across the Division, including Portfolio Managers, Operations, Compliance, Legal, Technology and Product Managers with a common goal of ensuring client's needs are met.
- Build and manage an industry knowledge base by researching and staying current on industry publications and newspapers, client web sites, conference materials, consultant and other databases, etc.
- Knowledge of, and passion for, the asset management business and capital markets.
- Project management skills; highly organized; attention to detail and excellent follow-through.
- Ability to work at varying speeds and under time-frame pressure, while maintaining extremely high standards.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to build trust and confidence of colleagues, strengthen relationships through ongoing dialogue and interactions, and collaborate well with others internally to meet client needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Undergraduate degree in business or finance related studies, preferred.
- Series 7, 63 and 3 required, or obtained within 3 months of joining.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top