GSAM, AIMS, ODD Analyst/Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
INVESTMENT MANAGEMENTWe're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
AIMS: Alternative Investments & Manager Selection The Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) Group provides investors with investment and advisory solutions, across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, real estate managers, and traditional long-only managers. The AIMS Group manages globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors access opportunities through new fund commitments, fund-of-fund investments, strategic partnerships, secondary-market investments, co-investments, and seed-capital investments. With over 300 professionals across eight offices around the world, the AIMS Group provides manager diligence, portfolio construction, risk management, and liquidity solutions to investors, drawing on Goldman Sachs market insights and risk management expertise. We extend these capabilities to the world's leading sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations and family offices, for which we invest or advise on over $150 billion.
AIMS Background: default to current standard language used with AUM, office, business focus, etc.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Actively participate in initial operational due diligence visits and calls with potential and existing investment advisors to evaluate their overall control environment and perform a thorough risk assessment of the firm and products under consideration
- Reviews cover several critical areas including, but not limited to, human capital assessments, conflict of interest, trading and/or transactional workflow processes, accounting and valuation, technology environment, and compliance policies and procedures.
- Similarly, participate in on-going monitoring of existing investment advisers via periodic and accelerated updates, highlighting issues or noteworthy developments to appropriate teams.
- Serve as an active liaison between the AIMS business and functional groups who take an active role in the committee tasked with vetting third party managers from a non-investment perspective.
- Actively assist in AIMS-wide projects as well as actively participate in Operational Due Diligence initiatives.
- Build and maintain industry expertise necessary to effectively engage personnel at investment advisers and assess adequacy of overall control environment.
- Memorialization of due diligence activity using AIMS proprietary systems, memorandum and analytics.
- Strong verbal, analytical and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated orientation toward and interest in understanding control processes across trade execution and settlement, portfolio and fund accounting, financial instrument valuation as well as a general interest in assessing risk.
- Demonstrated capacity to learn and develop broad expertise, including working knowledge of: alternative investment strategies; the financial instruments employed globally therein; valuation approaches across securities, derivatives and private investments; execution, accounting, and risk systems; global compliance and regulatory environments; and industry systems and service providers.
- Strong sense of accountability and dedication to continuous improvement.
- Ability and desire to multi-task as role is dynamic in nature.
- Ability and desire to travel.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top