GSAM, AIMS, HFS Client Reporting, Analyst - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure. AIMS: Alternative Investments & Manager Selection The Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) Group provides investors with investment and advisory solutions, across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, real estate managers, and traditional long-only managers. The AIMS Group manages globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors access opportunities through new fund commitments, fund-of-fund investments, strategic partnerships, secondary-market investments, co-investments, and seed-capital investments. With over 300 professionals across eight offices around the world, the AIMS Group provides manager diligence, portfolio construction, risk management, and liquidity solutions to investors, drawing on Goldman Sachs' market insights and risk management expertise. We extend these capabilities to the world's leading sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations and family offices, for which we invest or advise on over $150 billion.
Risk Management and Analytics
The AIMS Risk Management and Analytics (RMA) team is responsible for producing independent risk assessments, analyzing and presenting performance, and providing risk management and portfolio implementation solutions across the AIMS businesses. The RMA team also manages the client reporting function.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Client reporting responsibilities include data management and review, preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual client reports, including quantitative and qualitative information including performance, diversification, and portfolio holdings. The team works closely with the AIMS investment and RMA teams. The team also works with other GS areas including Client Service teams, Fund Accounting/Controllers, Operations and Technology, Legal and Compliance.
Principal Responsibilities – Client Reporting Analyst:
- Generate custom analysis and reports for prospective clients
- Compile standard client reporting materials focused on AIMS services, products and performance. Review portfolio analyses related to exposure, concentrations, diversification, etc.
- Review data analytics published to the client website
- Respond to requests from senior management and clients relating to funds and portfolio
- Attention to detail and experience producing client materials with highest degree of accuracy
- Analytical background required to create client materials
- Ability and willingness to learn performance attribution and risk calculations in proprietary models used for client reporting, and understand underlying calculations
- Ability to learn how to use financial statements to verify client reporting materials
- Strong organizational skills to create a large volume of output within tight timeframes
- Candidate must be a team player, self-motivated and demonstrate a willingness to take on more responsibility
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Advanced or highly proficient with Excel. Candidate is expected to have a working knowledge with PowerPoint and Word. Candidate is also expected to demonstrate adaptability to other software products
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top