GS Bank Lending Compliance Officer, Associate/Vice-President, Salt Lake City
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Who we Are:
Goldman Sachs Bank USA is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., a bank holding company and a financial holding company under the U.S. Bank Holding Company Act of 1956. GS Bank facilitates client transactions with corporations, financial institutions, investment funds, governments and individuals.
Business Unit Overview:
The GS Bank Compliance team provides compliance coverage and support to the Bank and establishes the framework for identifying, assessing, controlling, measuring, monitoring and reporting compliance risks across the Bank. GS Bank Compliance is an independent control function that reports to the head of Bank Holding Company Compliance, a group within GS Global Compliance.
The primary objective of GS Bank Compliance is the management of compliance risk by assisting Bank businesses in complying with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures. The objective is executed through a comprehensive program that includes policies and procedures, risk assessments, surveillance, monitoring and testing, training, and management reporting.
GS Bank Compliance works closely with the Business, Operations and Technology, as well as other groups within the Firm, in the development, maintenance, and enhancement of surveillance and monitoring controls.
The role of the GS Bank USA Private Bank Lending Compliance Officer is to articulate and maintain the standards of conduct required of the Firm’s businesses as well as the laws, regulations and policies governing GS Bank USA Private Bank Lending High Net Worth (“HNW”) lending activities.
The Compliance Officer will work closely with colleagues in the GS Bank Compliance and Bank Holding Company Compliance to execute the compliance risk management program as described below.
- Implement all federal regulations and state laws applicable to HNW lending, including RESPA, TILA, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, Lending to Insiders, Transactions with Affiliates, and relevant regulatory requirements arising from Dodd-Frank Reform
- Monitor pending state and federal legislation. Communicate status of relevant pending legislation and enacted legislation pertaining to business operations and coordinate the implementation of such legislation with operations, systems and support departments
- Maintain compliance-related policies and procedures
- Develop and implement a compliance monitoring program that includes management reporting and manage compliance surveillance of business line activity
- Provide timely compliance advice to business of the applicability of regulations impacting transactions
- Actively partner with business on all initiatives providing compliance advice
- Train business personnel on the applicability of compliance laws and regulations
Vendor Management and Other Compliance Matters:
- Track and monitor vendors with consumer compliance risk through the firm’s Vendor Management process
- Manage Compliance Quality Assurance reviews
- Complete special projects as requested by management
Basic Qualifications• Minimum – Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years of prior experience in bank compliance, surveillance, audit or other control function
- Strong knowledge of banking regulations, high net worth lending business and products
- Proactive in identifying risks and proposing creative solutions
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, reliable, and accountability
- Good team player – one who is able to prioritize in a fast moving, constantly changing environment
- Ability to work with a range of senior managers, peers and junior colleagues and build smooth working relationships
- Strong project management, analytical, and functional skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top