GS Bank – Digital Consumer Finance – Lending - Business Development & Administration – Analyst – New York
Goldman Sachs is seeking innovative, problem solving team members to help build and grow its digital, direct to consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs. The team will leverage Goldman’s financial services expertise and core competencies in technology, analytics and risk management in addition to strong balance sheet capabilities to create a winning position in the market. While benefiting from the strengths of a large company, the team operates in a start-up environment, unburdened by legacy costs and fixed infrastructure. This is a unique opportunity to be a founding team member of a new business line within one of the leading companies in the financial services industry while delivering value to consumers through differentiated products and user experiences.
As a member of the Business Development and Administration team, you will be working closely with the budget manager for Digital Consumer Finance. In your role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day work related to the budget and financing of the Digital Consumer Finance business. This role plays an important and influential role for the business, working closely with management, cross-functional teams and other firmwide stakeholders to build a detailed budget framework and to communicate progress versus budget. We are seeking a mix of skill sets.
- Collaborate with business unit managers to understand their budget needs and constraints across the entire Digital Consumer Finance business
- Communicate the budget needs of the business with senior leadership
- Own projects from start to finish that enhance business efficiency and highlight commercial opportunities
- Work with external vendors to ensure proper payment and budgeting
- Partner with Financial Planning & Analysis team to bridge between actuals, near-term budget and long-range business forecast
- Take initiative on automating the budget process and management reporting for the Digital Consumer Finance business
Basic Qualifications• Strong quantitative and analytical skills, detail-oriented and proficient in building and handling complicated data sets.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate and present results highlighting the broader commercial and strategic impact.
- Must be highly motivated, self-driven, collaborative, a strong communicator, comfortable following direction and able to balance being in the weeds with summarizing at a high level under short deadlines.
- Extremely proactive and work well in a collaborative environment, with the ability to move projects forward independently.
- Comfortable developing relationships throughout the division and building networks across the firm.
- Proven ability to work with significant volumes of data and systems.
- Experience working in a challenging, fast-paced environment that will require the ability to focus on and deliver multiple projects effectively.
Preferred QualificationsNot required, but a plus:
- 1 year of financial services or related work experience.
- Experience with large data sets, technology and exposure to Consumer Finance a plus.
- Fluency with Excel
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top