GS Bank Compliance, Deposits Compliance, Associate - Salt Lake City
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
WHO WE ARE
Goldman Sachs Bank USA (“GS Bank”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., a bank holding company and a financial holding company under the U.S. Bank Holding Company Act of 1956. GS Bank engages in transactions with individuals, corporations, financial institutions, investment funds, and governments.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
The GS Bank Compliance team provides compliance coverage and support to the Bank and establishes the framework for identifying, assessing, controlling, measuring, monitoring and reporting compliance risks across the Bank. GS Bank Compliance is an independent control function that reports to the head of Bank Holding Company Compliance, a group within GS Global Compliance.
The primary objective of GS Bank Compliance is the management of compliance risk by assisting Bank businesses in complying with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures. The objective is executed through a comprehensive program that includes policies and procedures, risk assessments, surveillance, monitoring and testing, training, and management reporting.
GS Bank Compliance works closely with the Business, Operations and Technology, as well as other groups within the Firm, in the development, maintenance, and enhancement of surveillance and monitoring controls.
The role of the GS Bank Deposits Associate Level Compliance Officer is to participate in building and promoting a strong compliance program that ensures ongoing compliance with regulations and firm policies governing GS Bank USA’s online deposit activities
The Associate Level Compliance Officer will work closely with colleagues in the GS Bank Compliance and Bank Holding Company Compliance to execute the compliance risk management program as described below.
- Conduct deposit-related monitoring of business activities, including monitoring for compliance with Truth in Savings Act, Funds Availability rules, Information Privacy, and other relevant regulatory requirements
- Work closely with business on complaint management, to ensure appropriate and timely customer response, and accurate and comprehensive management reporting
- Track and monitor vendors with consumer compliance risk through the firm’s Vendor Management process
- Develop deposit-related MIS management reports and metrics
- Assist in the preparation of Compliance Risk Assessments
- Assist in developing and conducting compliance training for Deposit business
- Maintain compliance-related policies and procedures
Basic Qualifications• Minimum – Bachelor’s Degree
- 4 – 6 years of prior experience in bank compliance, surveillance, audit or other control function
- Knowledge of banking regulations related to deposit products
- Demonstrate ability to appropriately exercise judgment and decision-making in a collaborative consensus-driven environment
- Highly motivated, reliable, and accountability
- Good team player – one who is able to prioritize in a fast moving, constantly changing environment
- Ability to work with a range of senior managers, peers and junior colleagues and build smooth working relationships
- Strong project management, analytical, and functional skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top