GS Accelerate Software Engineer
Accelerate is a firmwide initiative to foster innovation and collaboration across divisions, with a focus on the firm's future growth. The projects we fund will focus on building brand new business ideas for GS, while offering employees the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
All of the ideas and businesses in which we are investing have key technical components to explore and develop. As such, Accelerate Engineering is focused on creating a dynamic, flexible environment that can rapidly create and deliver new products for our businesses. Many of these projects are either to deliver proofs-of-concepts or minimum viable products in exciting greenfield environments, while others are expanding current strategic platforms to integrate with one another in new, client-focused ways.
Engineers will play an integral role in helping define both the scope and direction of the businesses as they launch and grow, and they will become core owners of the platforms as they evolve. In short, we're evolving, and we're looking for some of the most talented engineers in the world to help us go further than ever before.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Drive the architectural design and technical execution of the engineering needs of the Accelerate businesses
- Manage any necessary development team
- Consult with GS Accelerate core team and sponsors to position Accelerate businesses for success
- Innovate with new technologies and existing strategic platforms to deliver quality products
- Deliver tactical solutions while focusing on strategic structure and viability
- Meaningful programming experience in, but not limited to, any one of the following - Java, Python, C++, or Scala
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders, and working as part of a global team
- Proven communication and interpersonal ability
- Must be comfortable working independently and taking full ownership of the back-end build during MVP stage of a new product
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change in a fast paced environment
- Experience building client- and consumer-facing products is a plus
- Knowledge of existing strategic firmwide platforms is a plus
Why GS Accelerate
- Unparalleled responsibility and career opportunity to make a highly visible global impact
- You will be part of a large community of like-minded technologists in a flat organization with a culture that promotes collaboration, "can do" mindsets and teamwork
- Responsibility for requirements gathering, analysis, design and development of funding systems
- Forge strong relationships with our clients across all of our businesses, as well as other technology teams to develop and enhance our systems and processes
- Develop solutions that directly impact the bottom line by enabling new investment opportunities for our business partners
- Opportunity to work on unprecedented projects both at Goldman Sachs & more broadly in the financial services industry
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top