GS Accelerate - Digital Asset Project Manager
Accelerate is a firmwide initiative to foster innovation and collaboration across divisions, with a focus on the firm's future growth. The projects we fund will focus on building brand new business ideas for GS, while offering employees the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
All of the ideas and businesses in which we are investing have key technical components to explore and develop. As such, Accelerate is focused on creating a dynamic, flexible environment for our businesses.
Project Managers on the Digital Asset team will play an integral role in helping define both the scope and direction of the business. In short, we're evolving, and we're looking for some of the most talented individuals in the world to help us go further than ever before.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Work directly with the firm's businesses, risk, operations, compliance, legal, and finance teams
- Develop comprehensive road maps for distributed ledger technology (DLT) development
- Collaborate with and direct the firm's engineers to create DLT-related products and services
- Foster a deep understanding of relevant products, technology, and markets
- Work to demanding timescales in a fast-paced team environment
- Monitor workstream performance, analyzing risks and barriers to ensure progression
- Maintain and iterate a complex project planning document with multiple stakeholders
- Develop reporting and monitoring metrics, identifying issues, and recommend resolutions
- Lead the delivery of new project management tools and techniques
- Partner with Accelerate teams and Business stakeholders to track and deliver joint goals
- Proactively identify ideas to improve processes and PMO tools
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or above
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, project management and program management skills
- Strong stakeholder management, including the ability to interact, influence, and develop great relationships at all levels and across functions within an organization, including the most senior stakeholders of the firm
- Ability to balance strategic focus with tactical implementation / execution
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time
- Strong sense of detail and urgency, with the ability to motivate others to deliver
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to explain and present complex technologies in a simple manner
- Passion for and understanding of digital assets / blockchain / distributed ledger technology, capital markets, and financial services regulations
- Previous experience working in a bank or in finance
- Proven ability to lead by example, with a positive, self-directed, team-oriented attitude
- Experience in blockchain and digital asset product development
Why GS Accelerate
- Unparalleled responsibility and career opportunity to make a highly visible global impact
- You will be part of a large community of like-minded technologists in a flat organization with a culture that promotes collaboration, "can do" mindsets and teamwork
- Responsibility for requirements gathering, analysis, design and development of funding systems
- Forge strong relationships with our clients across all of our businesses, as well as other technology teams to develop and enhance our systems and processes
- Develop solutions that directly impact the bottom line by enabling new investment opportunities for our business partners
- Opportunity to work on unprecedented projects both at Goldman Sachs & more broadly in the financial services industry
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top