GS Accelerate ClearFactr - Server-Side Developer
The Executive Office plays an integral role in setting and advancing Goldman Sachs' strategy and in supporting and enhancing the firm's distinctive culture. Our goal is to provide our people, clients, shareholders and the broader public with information about the breadth of our global efforts, highlight our focus on delivering sustainable, long-term returns for our shareholders and demonstrate our commitment to making an impact on the communities where we live and work and on society more broadly.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Who We Look For:
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
We deliver applications for Investment Banking that support all aspects of advisory deal origination and new issue underwriting, including client targeting, idea generation, relationship management, pitching, market analytics, deal execution, book-building and revenue reporting.
Accelerate is a firmwide initiative to foster innovation and collaboration across divisions, with a focus on the firm's future growth. The projects we fund will focus on building new business ideas for GS, while offering employees the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
All of the ideas and businesses in which we are investing have key technical components to investigate and develop. As such, Accelerate Engineering is focused on creating a dynamic, flexible environment that can rapidly create and deliver new products for these businesses. Many of these projects are either to deliver proofs-of-concepts or minimum viable products in greenfield environments, while others are expanding current strategic platforms to integrate with one another in new, client focused ways. Engineers will play an integral role in helping define both the scope and direction of the businesses as they launch and grow, and they will become core owners of the platforms as they evolve.
Engineers will play an integral role in helping define both the scope and direction of the businesses as they launch and grow, and they will become core owners of the platforms as they evolve. In short, we're evolving, and we're looking for some of the most talented engineers in the world to help us go further than ever before.
Inside the GS Accelerate program, ClearFactr is a cloud-based financial modeling platform that GS Accelerate acquired in November 2018. It enables users to create an integrated ecosystem out of otherwise dispersed, distributed and disconnected financial models. It can be used via a spreadsheet-like user interface within a web browser, and/or programmatically via APIs. It combines unique approaches to modeling clarity, powerful low/no-code analytics, and collaboration to solve a wide variety of risk, modeling, and workflow challenges throughout the firm.
We are looking for a talented and passionate engineer who thrives in an extremely entrepreneurial, fast paced environment. This is a high visibility role, backed by some of the senior-most leaders of the firm, and as such, will require creativity and drive to deliver on an ambitious roadmap.
- Drive the technical execution of the engineering needs of the Accelerate ClearFactr business.
- Consult with GS Accelerate core team and sponsors to position the Accelerate business for success.
- Innovate with new technologies and existing strategic platforms to deliver quality products.
- Deliver tactical solutions while focusing on strategic structure and viability.
- Hands-on programmer with 3+ years of recent Java experience.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services Java SDK.
- Experience with relational databases, SQL, and associated entity-relationship data-modeling. MySQL experience a plus.
- Experience with JDBC.
- Experience with REST-API frameworks. Experience with Jersey a plus.
- Experience with multi-threaded / parallel processing Java programs.
- Experience with performance-tuning/optimization software. Experience with JProfiler a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration, and influencing skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity/change in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of existing strategic firmwide platforms is a plus.
Why GS Accelerate
- Unparalleled responsibility and career opportunity to make a highly visible global impact.
- You will be part of a large community of like-minded technologists in a flat organization with a culture that promotes collaboration, "can do" mindsets and teamwork.
- Responsibility for requirements gathering, analysis, design and development of funding systems.
- Forge strong relationships with our clients across all of our businesses, as well as other technology teams to develop and enhance our systems and processes.
- Develop solutions that directly impact the bottom line by enabling new investment opportunities for our business partners.
- Opportunity to work on unprecedented projects both at Goldman Sachs & more broadly in the financial services industry.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top