MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Prime Services Product Development is a client-facing team responsible for managing the platform serving hedge fund clients within the Securities division. The team works closely with clients, service providers and internal stakeholders like Sales, Client Services, Trading desks, Treasury, Technology, Operations, Legal and Compliance to define strategy and direction for the Prime Services platform. The 'platform' comprises a rich web portal and trading applications that serve up tools and information that help clients manage trading, financing, securities lending, cash management, portfolio management and systematic access to the Firm's resources.
We are looking for someone who is deeply inquisitive and who likes to have a thorough understanding of how things work. The applicant should be highly analytical and be prepared to tackle problems from first principles. Since the role is client facing, being presentable and personable is a must. We often face competing demands for the same Firm resources so commercial thinking and an appreciation of cost / benefit assessment will be essential.
- Work closely with clients to gather feedback on the product offering and identify functionality gaps and commercial opportunities
- Work with Prime Services management to ensure product offering is in step with overall business strategy.
- Understand the hedge fund competitive landscape to innovate and drive our products forward to be best in class.
- Work with clients and 3rd party vendors to understand the development of their own products and help to integrate with GS.
- Pitch products persuasively and comprehensively to drive client adoption.
- Partner with various teams including Sales, Client Services, Stock Loan, Trading desks, Treasury, Technology, Operations, Legal and Compliance to shape product offering.
- Project management, planning, organizing and tracking of Technology developments at a high-level.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 2-5 years' industry experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Interest in technology and ability to seek technical solutions to empower/scale the business.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity