Global Portfolio Solutions Product Management, Associate/Vice President
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
Global Portfolio Solutions (GPS) designs and develops multi-asset investment management solutions that are customized to meet our clients’ unique objectives. These solutions offer a tailored menu of strategies and services, including markets expertise, asset allocation, and risk management. GPS is a committed partner to corporate pensions, nonprofits, government institutions, sovereign wealth funds, financial institutions, and individual investors, and currently manages over $74 billion in assets for a diverse group of clients globally. The team has been constructing and managing multi-asset class portfolios for two decades and is comprised of more than 125 professionals across the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
The GPS Product Management team partners with distribution channels to help win and retain institutional and individual clients through marketing content and external branding, strategy updates, and performance reporting and interpretation. The team has a strong focus on developing analytics to provide a comprehensive content suite that strengthens and supports these branding and client relationship efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
The product analyst will be responsible for a broad array of initiatives, including the following:
- Develop an understanding of a multi-asset class investment process, gaining experience in strategic asset allocation and tactical asset allocation, as well as exposure to manager selection views
- Manage the RFP writing team and contribute to writing proposals
- Continually improve the process for completing impactful RFPs
- Manage library of RFP language in effort to standardize and streamline RFP writing process
- Construct new language when existing language is not available
- Manage RFP metrics for GPS management reporting
- Liaise with other GSAM RFP teams to ensure consistent messaging
- Coordinate and assist in writing thought leadership pieces on current industry trends and topics
- Develop knowledge and expertise on industry trends and competitive landscape
- Foster strong relationships with portfolio managers and product specialists, sales, and other GSAM professionals
- Work closely with senior product management team members on various projects, including bespoke client requests regarding GPS products and services and business initiatives
- Assist with the drafting and editing of product profiles, pitch books, and other marketing materials
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree required
- 5- 7 years of professional experience
- Interest in the financial services industry and desire to build knowledge of portfolio management and the markets
- Excellent communication skills (including writing, verbal, and presentation)
- Strong project management skills including ability to organize and track multiple projects in parallel, deliver on tight timelines, and a hands-on approach to resolving issues
- Highly organized, with attention to detail and excellent follow-through required
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment and demonstrate a high level of self-motivation
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top