Global Markets, STS Trader, Analyst/Associate, London
- London, United Kingdom
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Assisting the daily risk management of the Global STS trading book (executing hedges, developing risk management strategies and utilities)
- Pricing derivatives on cross asset Systematic Trading Strategies (STS)
- Developing a cross-function, cross-asset and cross-regional network within the firm
- Learning how to trade a broad and complex set of products (and the models, markets, and the operational and legal framework necessary to trade)
- Working with other traders on the desk and the strats to develop new models and products, or enhance existing ones
- Working with sales and strats to expand overall franchise business
STS trading is part of the Global Exotics and Structured Products trading team which trades, prices and risk manages a wide array of non-vanilla (i.e. exotic), cross asset underlying strategies and payoffs. The desk manages sizable principal exposure across multiple markets (Equities, Rates, FX, Commodities and Credit) both in volatility and one-delta space. We work very closely with the structuring and sales teams globally to create innovative structures, solutions and strategies for our franchise, while also risk managing positions that cannot be easily hedged.
- Excellent academic background, ideally in a highly quantitative subject (Mathematics, Physical, Engineering, Finance/Financial Economics or Computing)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest and knowledge in financial markets and products (derivatives knowledge is a plus)
- Great attention to detail, ability to multi-task
- Previous programming experience will be a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top