Global Markets - Portfolio Services Operations - Asset Servicing - Vice President - Warsaw
- Warsaw, Poland
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We are open to considering requests for flexible working
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
WHO WE ARE
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms in the world. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive culture and upholding our core values, which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the globe. Alongside this integral service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Behind every trade executed, every new product launched, every market entered, and every transaction completed is an Operations team that develops the foundational processes and controls that make our business flow.
Asset Servicing is a Global Markets Division business unit responsible for the management of Voluntary Income and Corporate Actions events across the globe for both equity and fixed income products. Areas of focus include event creation, reconciliation, instruction, entitlement distribution, and dedicated client service. Asset Servicing has a proven track record of developing its team members in a wide variety of functions and skill sets.
A successful candidate would focus on day-to-day processing within a regional team, collaborating with other groups across the globe, with the opportunity to work cross-function. There is a wealth of knowledge to be gained from the diversity of the markets, events and products covered by Asset Servicing on a daily basis, along with a unique opportunity to interact heavily with various businesses and operational units across the firm.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to broaden product and market knowledge and to develop processing skills across a broad range of topics. This role also provides exposure to senior stakeholders, offering excellent opportunities for career development. The firm provides a range of development tools including Goldman Sachs University courses and a formal Feedback 360+ review process to enhance depth of knowledge and to equip individuals to progress in their careers.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Demonstrate interpersonal skills and an ability to develop relationships with stakeholders
• Contribute at team meetings, ask questions and actively listen to grasp information
• Understand when to post and share information appropriately to managers
Functional & Technical Expertise
• Navigate systems to perform day-to-day tasks and build technical expertise to resolve issues
• Exhibit ability to multi-task and prioritize to deliver accurate and timely work in a time pressured environment
• Possess superior organization skills with regards to project and day-to-day work
• Invest time in learning about the markets and products supported by Asset Servicing
• Clearly articulate business issues and propose practical solutions
• Contribute to the execution of the team and organization's strategy
• Proven track record of taking initiative and implementing innovative solutions
• Develop good working knowledge of available technology capabilities and how and where to deploy them
• Identify client needs and appropriately manage client expectations in a timely manner
• Work to understand the foundations of great client experience and leverage available internal tools
• Establish, cultivate and leverage relationships to identify and execute on process enhancements
• Pay strong attention to detail and develop awareness of reputational risk and accountability
• Articulate operational and risk impacts related to a specific task or procedure
• Apply root cause analysis to identify opportunities for process improvements
Management, Leadership & Culture
• Play an active role in GS citizenship activities and seek leadership opportunities where possible
• Respond to and action ongoing feedback on a timely basis
• Take accountability for actions as part of the function
• Maintain awareness of and act in accordance with team goals and firm policies
• Understands the broker dealer environment and the key associated market risks
• Works toward challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles
• Strong team player who is flexible and seeks to help other team members
• Prior experience with Asset Servicing in a global market or another securities-related function
• Logical and proactive thinker with a reputation of great judgment
• Ability to work within a high-risk environment and meet challenging deadlines and targets
• Desire to understand the front-to-back of the function and how the role impacts the bigger picture
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top