MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Are you looking to apply your quantitative skills whilst honing your skillsets to combat money laundering, terrorist financing, securities fraud and other financial crimes? Our Client Onboarding team is seeking an energetic, proactive and detailed-oriented professional to support the account opening functions in the Singapore office; whose main functional duty will be to ensure our clients' adherence to the applicable AML policies and regulatory requirements.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The Client Onboarding team sits within Global Markets Operations. The team is required to conduct Anti-Money Laundering (AML) checks as part of onboarding for Goldman Sachs to meet its Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance obligations and other regulatory requirements. The team covers all product areas offered in the firm, so working knowledge of the operational flow of a wide variety of products is an asset. The team also works closely with Technology to design new system enhancements to improve efficiencies and controls, and they work with Compliance to define and implement firm policies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Contacting clients and the business to obtain AML information and onboarding documentation.
- Answer queries on accounts and client relationships from Operations and Sales
- Project management ranging from small enhancements to large-scale, global projects
- Ensuring all communications are of the highest professional standard to maintain client service excellence.
- Timely and effective escalation of potential relationship issues and devising possible resolutions.
- Taking responsibility for delivering against commitments.
- Participate in regular meetings with the program team to maintain clarity around workflow, develop required reporting and identify and implement efficiencies.
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience financial industry experience; title will commensurate with experience
- Experience in liaising with clients directly and business contacts on a global basis
- Preference for experience of AML requirements either via a Client On-boarding role or experience on a similar role including an understanding of client structures and AML requirements for hedge funds, private corporations, etc
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and verbal form. Confidence to deal professionally and persuasively with clients and senior figures within the in Business Intelligence team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products; skills in Business Intelligence tools (Alteryx, Tableau, RPA, AI) will be beneficial
- Japanese language skills is an added advantage though not mandatory
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and changing requirements
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to work well in a global team environment
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity