MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Loan Management team is a business unit within the Global Markets Division, primarily supporting the Mortgage Loan Trading and Structured Finance desks. The team is a multi-faceted diligence and asset management platform specializing in whole loan acquisition, sales, securitizations, and financing opportunities. The Loan Management team has product expertise across mortgages, consumer loans, real estate and warehouse financing.
- Trade analytics and reporting
- Trade and counterparty coordination
- Execute due diligence reviews within multiple components and across various asset classes
- Asset Management of the loan portfolio strategies and performance
Loan Management is seeking an Associate that will assist Transaction Managers in facilitating due diligence (at both the deal and asset levels) of residential whole loan acquisitions, sales and securitizations of residential loan portfolios. Analyst will ensure completion of transaction closing requirements, and adherence to departmental, divisional and Firmwide policies.
- Collaborate within the Transaction Management and internal diligence SME teams, and alongside the Trading Desks to prepare/execute each trade level due diligence scope, budget and timeline, and run requisite data analytics (this includes determining samples and preparing data files and diligence materials for third-party vendor partners and internal analyses; for sales and securitizations, this would include aggregating all diligence materials for presentation to external counterparties)
- Support due diligence component reviews (e.g., credit underwriting, data integrity, collateral, valuation, title/tax/default servicing, origination regulatory compliance, etc.); ensure due diligence deliverables are completed within timelines
- Collaborate with internal diligence SME teams to procure vendor partner bids, finalize SOWs and monitor the vendor partners' timely deliverables
- Work closely with the internal diligence SME teams to identify and document loan level conditions/exceptions; assist with determining resolutions/curative actions to mitigate potential risks; ensure all final settlement activities/data are accurately uploaded in the databases
- Assist in maintaining accurate reporting of loan level conditions, exceptions and data reconciliation to ensure data integrity; support tie-out of final diligence processes, applicable checklist(s) and deal expenses
- Collaborate with the RSF banking team on advisory and sponsor deal securitizations to provide analytical support
- Minimum 7 years in Capital Markets (secondary market whole loan trading) or top tier Mortgage Loan Servicing with hands-on exposure to various residential mortgage assets
- Must have ability to function in a fast-paced environment, manage deadlines with minimum supervision, and ability to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required
- Possess excellent time management, analytical and organizational skills with a keen eye toward attention to detail
- Ability to organize, analyze and interpret legal and compliance related materials
- Strong self-confidence, good judgment, and sound problem solving skills
- Advanced proficiencies in MS Excel and SQL
- Extraordinary initiative, excellent communication and presentation skills (both verbal and written) to manage internal/external relationships
- Experience in coordinating interaction with internal/external clients, third-party vendor partners, other departmental and divisional teams, and senior managers
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity