Global Markets, Global Markets Operating Risk, Remediation Risk - Associate / Vice President - Dallas
- Dallas, TX
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Global Markets is seeking an Associate / VP to join the Remediation Risk team in the Global Markets Operating Risk organization in Dallas.
The Global Markets Operating Risk organization is responsible for oversight of Operational Risk (across Sales, Trading, Engineering and Operations), Supervision, Conduct, Control Remediation, and Business Resiliency for the Global Markets Division, working closely with our colleagues in Operations and Engineering, Compliance, Risk, Legal and Internal Audit.
Candidates should be interested in joining a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, and working with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of or interest in either (a) the Securities businesses and markets or (b) risk management techniques, as well as excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Remediation risk team will be responsible for remediation risk across global markets including the following:
- Work closely with and support senior divisional leadership, to develop, implement and maintain a remediation risk program for the Global Markets Division.
- Bring Business, Operations, Engineering and federation personnel project sponsors and stakeholders to the table to build complex solutions while balancing competing priorities
- Manage the program of work for large scale risk remediations projects that have a significant impact on the division. Projects may include regulatory remediation, control remediation, and other audit related remediation
- Understand strategic plans, commercial drivers, process and technical architecture to influence, design and develop solutions for enhanced risk mitigation programs and governance
- Develop management reporting, reporting dashboards, and strategic tools to highlight high risks and to improve visibility and facilitate escalation to senior leadership
- Bachelor's degree. Economics, finance, accounting, science, mathematics, management information system or engineering preferred but not required
- Any experience in a risk management or control discipline, within the financial industry or any other industry
- Strong project management and process implementation / improvement experience
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets and products
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and SharePoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills ; able to communicate concisely and accurately
- Strong attention to detail
- Commercial focus, team player, self-motivated
- Experience working with Technology including defining and clarifying business requirements, demonstrate comprehension of business logic
- Ability to manage timelines/deadlines, multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to identify and articulate complex issues to a diverse group of stakeholders, propose mitigants/solutions and escalate appropriately
- Experience with and comfortable facilitating project working groups and possesses strong data gathering skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and oral; confident in interaction with senior stakeholders
- Strategic thinker with strong business analysis and planning skills.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top