Global Markets, Equities, Equity Sales, Analyst, Shanghai
- Shanghai, China
With the Global Markets Division, the China Equity Sales desk is seeking a quick thinking and highly motivated individual to focus on China Equity Markets with coverage for both foreign and local leading institutional investors.
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients which include corporations, financial service providers and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges across several markets, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Based in Shanghai, this Analyst role will mainly focus on clients who invest in China Equity Markets; including foreign institutional investors and selected leading local institutional investors.
- Interact with clients on market news, research comments and Goldman Sachs events on a daily basis
- Compile and summarize news flow and research
- Schedule analyst calls and company meetings
- Participate in idea generation and planning for investor events
- Work with Sales Teams both in Shanghai and across the region to improve client rankings
- Market equity financing transactions from Capital Markets group
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification with an excellent academic record
- At least 1-2 years of relevant experience, preferably in China equity market sales, investment banking, investment research, institutional equity sales or research sales
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Strong work ethics with willingness to learn and to excel
- Diverse background with ability to collaborate effectively with different internal functions such as Compliance
- Ability to establish win-win partnerships with sales, sales-traders, research and equity capital markets
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Fluency in Mandarin and English
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top