Global Markets, Equities, Equity Derivative Sales, Vice President, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
What We Do
Our structuring team leads development of new client platforms and facilitates bespoke client transactions by leveraging a broad legal, regulatory, funding, accounting, tax and institutional knowledge base. With reach across all Equities' business lines, we work directly with sales and trading and even clients to structure transactions and financial products to meet the needs of our clients. In addition, we partner with key stakeholders throughout the firm to adapt to ever-evolving regulatory constraints and market practices, and identify places to optimize our existing businesses.
Who We Look For
We are currently looking for an Equity Derivative Structurer to join our Asia Structuring team based in Hong Kong. The role requires both robust technical knowledge of derivative products, combined with strong client facing, sales & marketing skills. The role would entail working across flow and exotic derivatives to produce relevant content on Asia single stock underlyers and marketing that content to investors across the globe, including hedge funds, institutions, pensions and sovereigns. In addition, the role would include working on risk recycling opportunities in the derivatives space from supply/demand imbalances around exotic structured products. This Hong Kong based Associate/VP level role offers a wide range of learning opportunities, from pitching tactical trade ideas both internally and externally to creating bespoke analyses to working on exotic dislocations. This position includes direct interaction with clients, sales people, traders, management and supporting or partnering business lines.
Principal Responsibilities will include:
- Presenting thematic and tactical trade ideas to the global franchise, particularly on single stock underlyers.
- Working closely with trading to structure and price equity and hybrid derivatives
- Working closely with sales to enhance client relationships and provide bespoke content
- Working on trade opportunities around structured product flows and supply/demand imbalances
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors or Master's degree, preferably in a quantitative subject
- Strong technical and mathematical skills as well as an interest to learn to use proficiently pricing tools for derivatives
- Strong interest and understanding of financial markets
- Ability to work on complex and multi-faceted projects involving several teams
- The successful candidate will be an ambitious and dynamic individual with natural sales ability and excellent communication/interpersonal and technical skills
- Proficient in using spreadsheets and preparing presentation material/pitch books.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task & work under pressure
- Solid work ethic and high levels of motivation
- Strong interest in global financial markets & derivative instruments
- Fluency in Mandarin or Japanese preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top