MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual with a passion for markets who is looking to challenge themselves in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The successful candidate will be empowered to be commercial and help drive profitability for the business through generating trade ideas and ensuring to deliver solutions for our clients.
The Global Markets Division enables our clients to buy and sell financial products, raise funding and manage risk. We make markets and facilitate client transactions in fixed income, equity, currency and commodity products. In addition, we make markets in and clear client transactions on major stock, options and futures exchanges worldwide. Through our global sales force, we maintain relationships with our clients, receiving orders and distributing investment research, trading ideas, market information and analysis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Commodities business, helps clients manage risk across a range of commodities, including crude oil and gas, coal, metals and agricultural products. Our clients include corporates, investors, commodity trading houses and other financial institutions. The team works in conjunction with trading to price and execute transactions involving derivatives and the underlying physical commodity.
- Support primary Sales coverage in structuring, pricing and executing derivative and physical transactions
- Understanding market fundamentals and trends and communicating information to clients
- Interacting with Credit, Legal and Ops teams internally to help enhance client experience and seamless trade execution
- Collect, manage and analyze data related to industry trends and client trading activity
- Create presentation materials which will be used for existing and prospective client meetings
- 3+ years experience, ideally with exposure to energy
- Strong academic record with minimum Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or other relevant disciplines
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to multi-task, manage competing priorities and work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Background or knowledge of the commodity markets is a plus
- Fluency in Japanese
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity