Global Markets Compliance Officer, Associate/Vice President, Frankfurt
- Frankfurt, Germany
This is a role within the European Global Markets Compliance Team to be the Compliance representative based in Frankfurt. Primarily covering the Equity and Fixed Income Sales and Trading business personnel based in Frankfurt and the related entity branches in EMEA however will also be required to work closely with other departments, such as Risk, Controllers, Operations, Credit, Internal Audit and Legal as well as colleagues in Global Markets Compliance based in other offices. The role reports to the EMEA Head of Global Markets Compliance based in London.
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, global markets and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centres around the world.
The Compliance Division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance.
As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defence, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveys and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the role
- Provide real-time compliance advice to Frankfurt business personnel and personnel of entity branches of all levels, with regards to the rules, regulation and internal policies that govern the Global Markets Division business.
- Provide advice on a number of regulatory and policy matters including individual transactions, new products and business initiatives.
- Work closely with external auditors on the annual STA audit, and related queries and co-ordinate with Global Markets Compliance colleagues on approach.
- Assist with the interpretation and implementation of new rules/regulation impacting Global Markets Division.
- Develop policies, procedures, and compliance updates for each business unit relative to the Global Markets Division activities in Frankfurt.
- Help develop and deliver training as part of ongoing Compliance training program tailored to suit the individual requirements of our various businesses, in addition to delivering ad-hoc training as and when required.
- Co-ordinate with the broader Global Markets Compliance Team on EMEA initiatives and projects as a representative for Frankfurt and related branch entities.
- Participate in compliance, regulatory and internal investigations and audits relating to Frankfurt personnel.
- Liaising with local regulators and coordinate responses to ad-hoc regulatory enquiries
- Ensure that all regulatory reporting requirements are fulfilled.
- Oversee and perform the applicable Compliance Risk Assessment
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Vice President or Senior Associate level
- Minimum 5 years compliance experience of working with German regulation as it relates to Equity and Fixed Income products.
- Degree level or equivalent (not essential if has relevant working experience) preferably with a Legal degree or Finance related.
- Experience working in a compliance function for Equity and Fixed Income businesses preferably with the trading floor/advisory
- Pro-active, self-motivated, assertive and well organized
- Ability to work independently and yet remain a strong team player
- Have a positive, hands-on, "can do" attitude.
- Forward looking, focused on streamlining processes and increasing efficiency.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work under pressure
- Fluent in German and in English
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Interest in the financial markets and a willingness to learn
- Able to work in an international environment with various regulations (MIFID, UK, CFTC, EMIR)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top