Global Markets, Business Operations, VP - Dallas
- Dallas, TX
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Global Markets division is seeking a Vice President to join the Business Operations team. Global Markets encompasses both the FICC (Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities) and Equities businesses. Within Global Markets, the Business Operations team partners with Operations, Engineering, Compliance, Risk, Legal and Internal Audit to centralize, standardize and uplift selected global business control processes. The goal of the team is to enhance both efficiency and effectiveness.
The ideal candidate will have experience building a team to work successfully across diverse groups of cross-functional stakeholders and proactively driving projects and process improvements. A candidate should also demonstrate comfort leveraging data and technology to provide insights, as well as excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Work closely with and support senior divisional leadership to centralize and streamline selected risk and control processes for the Global Markets Division
- Partner with stakeholders to train new members and build a team that focuses on uplifting process standards, centralizing and streamlining processes
- Work with broader team to prioritize onboarding of new strategic deliverables as team footprint grows
- Understand strategic plans, commercial drivers, process and technical architecture to influence, design and develop solutions for enhanced risk mitigation programs and governance
- Build complex solutions with Business, Operations, Engineering and other stakeholders while balancing many competing priorities
- Partner with the Remediation Risk team to help execute projects focused on regulatory-driven processes, control implementation, and other audit related remediation plans
- Develop management reporting, reporting dashboards, and strategic tools to highlight high risks and to improve visibility and facilitate escalation to senior leadership
- Bachelor's degree. Economics, finance, accounting, science, mathematics, management information system or engineering preferred but not required
- Experience managing a team
- Strong project management and process implementation / improvement experience
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and communicate a team vision
- Ability to derive creative solutions and adapt to a dynamic and changing organization
- Effective in engaging with global stakeholders and senior management
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects
- Commercial focus, team player, self-motivated
- Ability to engage effectively with a multi-location team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top