Global Market Operations - Margin, Collateral & Val Ops - MCV Business Analytics Ops - Analyst - Bengaluru
- Bengaluru, India
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking to use your Business Intelligence(BI) and communications skills to drive high priority and strategic BI initiatives? Are you looking to help shape Operations' broader BI and capabilities across the Portfolio Control Operations (PCO) organization?
Margin, Collateral and Valuations Operations (MCVO) BI team is seeking a professional who is looking to implement strategic BI initiatives, collaborate with a broad set of stakeholders to deliver BI solutions that play an important role in Operations' day-to-day business. You will play an instrumental role in defining the BI strategy and in delivering the solutions by working with the Operations and Technology teams within MCVO.
MCVO BI team leads all BI initiatives in close partnership with different BU teams within the MCVO Organization to implement high quality BI solutions in order to meet business goals of the unit.
The immediate area of impact for this role is supporting the development of BI solutions across MCVO Operations using capabilities such as, but not limited to, Alteryx, KNIME, SQL, Tableau, R/Python etc.
The successful candidate will work with business units to assess and identify high impact, quality BI/automation opportunities and be involved in designing and developing solutions as well as testing and go-live.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of different capabilities and platforms in the firm such as Alteryx, Tableau, SQL, SharePoint, E-task etc.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in change management function under competing priorities, interfacing with multiple stakeholders and proactively managing their expectations
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand Business problems or needs and come up with data driven solutions
- Design, develop and test BI/Automation use-cases across MCVO team using tools and techniques such as Alteryx, Tableau, SQL, Data Warehouse, BDM, E-task etc
- Provide support for priority BU strategic initiatives, including analysis, business requirements, stakeholder management and communications
- Support all phases of major initiative development from concept through tangible deliverables
- Interact comfortably with stakeholders and other constituents at all levels in Operations and Engineering
- Partner with MCVO Operations business unit to assess and streamline processes in order to mitigate risk or control issues and generate efficiencies
- Bachelor's Degree
- Data School graduate or in-progress
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in Business Intelligence or 2 years in an Operations role
- Analytical and logical mindset
- Hands on experience with one or more automation/BI capabilities e.g. Alteryx, Tableau, SQL, Data Lake, R/Python, Workflow tools etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral; confident in interaction with all levels of organization
- Be highly collaborative, team orientated and strong execution skills.
- Alteryx Core Certified
- 2-3 years' experience in a Business Intelligence and/or Change Management role
- Strong background in data analytics and good numerical analytical ability
- Experience in front to back process mapping and future state process re-designing for transformation or change management projects to support BU
- Experience with Agile development process, Kanban and JIRA
- Proficient in BPMN and Process Modelling Tools such as Signavio
- Ability to rapidly assimilate complex concepts and form practical solutions
- Self-motivated and well organized. Proven track record; ability to handle multiple tasks, priorities accordingly and make decisions as required
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top