Global Investment Research, South East Asia Economic Research, Associate/Vice President, Singapore
Are you passionate about research and generating investment ideas? We're looking for a professional with a strong academic background in Economics to join the Macro Research team within GIR. The team focuses on the intersection between economics and financial markets across a wide class of assets including equities, fixed income/credit, currencies, and commodities
Global Investment Research (GIR) division provides investment recommendations by generating fundamental research and analysis of economies, markets, industries and companies. GIR analysts help our clients achieve superior returns by seeking to develop creative, differentiated investment insights and ideas. Our clients include asset managers, hedge funds, mutual funds, and pension funds, among others.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Working as a key member of the team, the goal of the Analyst is to:
- Interpret and comment on high-frequency economic data releases
- Maintain models to forecast economic growth, inflation, and interest rates . Analyze macroeconomic and financial data
- Generate unique, thematic written research
- Present economic/market views to clients
SKILLS & E XPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Undergraduate degree in economics or closely related field required; masters or PhD in economics desirable
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work with economists across Asia as an integrated team member
- Excellent command of English is a must; high level of proficiency in one or more languages of the ASEAN region (particularly Bahasa Indonesia) a plus
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a close team setting
- An enthusiastic researcher
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to interact with team and other stakeholders
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top