Global Investment Research, Research Publishing Group, Supervisory Analyst, Vice President, Hong Kong
Are you passionate about research and generating investment ideas? We're looking for a professional to join our regional Supervisory Analyst team in Hong Kong, to develop valuable insights and investment ideas for our clients.
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Working as a key member of the team, the goal of the Supervisory Analyst is to:
- Manage the editing and production process from point of submission to point of distribution as well as work on ad hoc projects
- Ensure that research adheres to both regulatory and firm requirements and meets the highest standard of quality of editorial/compliance procedures, writing, templates and publishing systems
- Engage with lead research analysts and their teams to improve the quality of published research
- Manage workflow, record production details and edit reports and comments using proprietary applications
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors degree required
- 8+ years of previous experience as a Supervisory Analyst
- NYSE Series 16 qualification
- Knowledge of accounting terms and calculations
- Prior experience and proficiency working in a Windows-based PC environment, knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and outlook is necessary
- Ability to edit and rework reports written by non-native English speakers
- Possession of relevant financial qualifications (CMA, CFA)
- High motivation
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and a genuine interest in business and the financial markets
- Flexibility in our business and what it requires of us are constantly evolving; we seek individuals keen to adapt and thrive in an environment of change
- Ability to see the big picture to look at the structure, arguments and balance of a report and suggest practical ideas for enhancing its commercial effectiveness
- Proven time management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and juggle several projects at the same time and to work under tight deadline pressure
- Ability to multi-task and work with teams as well as independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must manage relationships with large group of internal clients, including direct managers, analyst teams, global editorial counterparts, compliance officers and representatives from other departments
- Willingness to consider sitting Series 7 and Series 4 (registered options principal) exams Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top