Global Investment Research, Research Publishing Group, Data Analytics, Associate/Analyst - NY or SLC
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCHFrom macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
Goldman Sachs' Global Investment Research division delivers value-added research to clients in the equity, fixed income, currency and commodities markets. Goldman Sachs develops global client-focused research in economics, portfolio strategy, derivatives and equity and credit securities. Our clients use these insights and investment ideas to develop their strategies.
Global Investment Research produces original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies. Our research teams continually identify and analyze financial information, strategic issues and trends that affect companies, industries and markets on a regional and global scale.
Data Analytics applies technology and industry knowledge to deliver business intelligence solutions and to enhance client relationship management, research products and infrastructure. Specifically, Data Analysts work with divisional management to rapidly develop tools and expose metrics critical to making data-driven business decisions through data modeling and visualization.
Analysis & Reporting
- Design, implement, and support the division's business intelligence reporting interfaces
- Manage and develop "Extract, Transform, Load" (ETL) processes for the division's large data sets
- Critically analyze divisional data to identify anomalies, trends, and ensure accuracy
- Work closely with division stakeholders to expose actionable and timely business metrics Infrastructure Development
- Work with Research Analysts to develop new financial metrics in the division's financial database
- Develop software code supporting our growing client feed infrastructure
- Provide insights to build and automate workflows
- Work closely with the application development team to enhance GIR systems
- Liaise with User Acceptance Testing team to test new features
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Finance, Economics or similar.
- Existing knowledge in a computer language such as Python, C++, VBA or similar.
- A strong desire to obtain advanced programming skills in an object oriented language
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cohesively with global teams
- Strong problem solving skills, resourceful, and able to find solutions independently if necessary
- Proven analytical skills (especially with large data sets)
- Experience contributing creative ideas in a collaborative team
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of software APIs
- Experience with business intelligence software (Qlikview, Tableau, SAS, R, etc.)
- Expert level experience with Microsoft Excel
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top