Global Investment Research, PhD Fellowship
- London, United Kingdom
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Goldman Sachs is seeking PhD candidates or graduates to participate in a 6-12-month fellowship. The Fellowship will enable PhDs to explore a potential career transition into Equity Research. The Fellows are provided with training and hands-on experience on a research team as well as networking and mentorship opportunities. The Fellowship:
- Is open to Medical Doctors or PhDs in medical or healthcare related disciplines.
- Does not require finance experience however, an interest in investing or a basic knowledge of the markets is helpful.
- The successful candidate will work closely with senior analysts in Pharma teams to analyze companies and stocks within the sector and the factors that affect the industry as a whole.
- Researching and critically analyzing market information
- Auditing company and industry data and statistics
- Assisting in compilation and writing of thematic sector and company research reports and investment recommendations for our clients
- Building and maintaining financial models using advanced Excel
- Preparing pre-results and post results updates on companies
- Good understanding of the Pharma industry
- Multitasking ability and commercial skill set
- Demonstrates interest in international markets
- High degree of client service
- Team oriented, excellent and proactive communicator with strong organizational skills
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top