MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Are you passionate about research and generating investment ideas? We're looking for a professional to join our Japan Equity Strategy team in Tokyo, to develop valuable insights and investment ideas for our clients.
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Working very closely with the Asia Chief Portfolio Strategist and other members of Japan Portfolio Strategy team, strategist will be responsible for:
- Analyzing and interpreting large amounts of data related to stock market, economic and political events and presenting data and conclusions in a clean and efficient manner
- Recommending equity investment strategies involving index performance, sector allocation, and macro themes through written reports
- Providing Japan-focused thought leadership to the global and domestic investors
- Communicating with the Equities sales force/traders and external clients
- Collaborating with macro and single-stock groups within research to identify and develop collaborative research opportunities across global sectors and themes
- At least 5 years of experience analyzing, creating and marketing investment ideas; experience in sell-side or buy-side investment research/ sales/ trading is a plus.
- Master degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) or Economics or Finance or Accounting preferred
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages such as R, MATLAB, SAS, Stata, etc. preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal in both Japanese and English language) and ability to interact with global stakeholders
- A proven capability for original and thought-provoking research
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and adapt to a dynamic and changing organization
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity