Global Investment Research, Global Research Management Chief of Staff, Associate - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCHFrom macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The associate will work within the GIR Management Team, supporting the division head and COO of GIR on work related to the Firmwide Commitments Committee, Management Committee, divisional communications and other projects, presentations and analysis to drive management initiatives. Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the division head on weekly Management Committee deliverables
- Work closely with the COO on Firmwide Commitments Committee deliverables including a review of weekly pre-Commitments Committee meeting materials
- Support divisional regulatory engagement efforts, including MiFID II advocacy and implementation
- Develop analysis and presentations to drive divisional strategic initiatives in collaboration with teams within the division and across the firm, including Finance, HCM, Compliance, Legal, Technology, the Executive Office and other divisions
- Assist divisional leadership on division-wide communications strategy and execution
- Coordinate division head and COO priorities for international business travel and external and internal meeting commitments
- Serve as proxy for the COO in divisional meetings to help advance key initiatives
- Edit and finalize all briefing materials in advance of internal and external meetings
- Drafting and reviewing internal and external memos
- Handling multiple, time-sensitive projects and prioritizing accordingly, while ensuring the highest quality of work delivered
- Cross-regional collaboration and communication are critical to success in the seat
- 3-6 years of experience in a revenue producing division (preferably Investment Banking) at a global financial institution
- Track record of collaborating across divisions, regions a plus
- Ability to work independently and directly with senior executives within GIR and across the firm
- High degree of professionalism, judgment and discretion
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work efficiently under pressure to meet multiple, competing deadlines
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top