Global Investment Research, Global Macro Research, Political Strategist, Vice President, London
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
Global Investment Research (GIR) produces original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies. Our research teams continually identify and analyze financial information, strategic issues and trends that affect companies, industries and markets on a regional and global scale. Our clients use these insights and investment ideas to develop their strategies.
The Macro Research team focuses on the intersection between economics and financial markets across a wide class of assets including equities, rates, FX, credit, mortgages and commodities, and provide investment advice to the firm's institutional and corporate clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are seeking an experienced London-based political economist. The role would be focused primarily on, but would not be limited to, research on political issues in the Euro area. This role would report to our chief US political economist.
Key responsibilities include:
- Publishing timely and innovative research on macroeconomic and political trends and their impact on European economies
- Presenting our views to a wide range of senior clients; the role would involve domestic and international travel
- Collaborating with the broader Macro Strategy team as well as our regional economists
- Supporting internal stakeholders in institutional client services (sales and trading) and across the firm
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLSET
- At least five years experience working on research related to political issues
- Masters or PhD in macroeconomics or political science preferred
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills; other language skills a plus
- Strong quantitative skills and fluency in applied statistics
- Deep curiosity, and a passion for the intersection between macroeconomics and markets
- Desire to work in team-centric environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top