Global Investment Research, Global Macro Research, Associate
Global Investment Research (GIR) division provides investment recommendations by generating fundamental research and analysis of economies, markets, industries and companies. GIR analysts help our clients achieve superior returns by seeking to develop creative, differentiated investment insights and ideas. Our clients include asset managers, hedge funds, mutual funds, and pension funds, among others.
We are seeking PhD candidates in economics to join the Macro Research team within GIR. The team focuses on the intersection between economics and financial markets across a wide class of assets including equities, fixed income/credit, currencies, and commodities.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
- Generate unique, thematic written research
- Develop quantitative models to forecast economic growth, inflation, and interest rates
- Interpret and comment on high-frequency economic data releases
- Build and maintain financial models
- Market share, macro trend, and cross company and sector data analyses
- Present economic/market views to external and internal clients
Preferred Qualifications• PhD in Economics
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- A proven capability for original and thought-provoking research
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a close team setting
- An enthusiastic researcher
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to interact with global stakeholders
Goldman Sachs, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top