Global Investment Research, Equity Research, Medical Technology, Business Analyst – New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Global Investment Research produces original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies. Our research teams continually identify and analyze financial information, strategic issues and trends that affect companies, industries and markets on a regional and global scale.
Working closely with the Senior Analyst and other members of the Medical Technology team, the goal of the Business Analyst is to:
- Build strong industry knowledge of the medical technology sector
- Contribute to the generation and execution of investment ideas
- Write reports/notes on companies under coverage
- Communicate with the equities sales force and traders, clients and company managements
- Interpret data and perform analysis on market, economic and technology trends
- Develop financial models
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic track record
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel
- Attention to detail
- Strong team orientation
- 1-4 years of experience in investment research, financial modelling and analysis
- Working knowledge of accounting, finance, and valuation
- Demonstrated interest or previous experience in the medical technology sector
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Comfortable taking initiative and being resourceful/entrepreneurial
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous teams
- Progress toward earning the CFA designation
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top