Global Investment Research, Equity Research, Banks & Brokers, Associate - Tokyo
- Tokyo, Japan
Are you passionate about research and generating investment ideas? We're looking for a professional to join ou r Japan Banks & Brokers sector team in Tokyo , to develop va luable insights and investment ideas for our clients.
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
We are looking for an Analyst to join our Japan Banks & Brokers sector coverage team in Equity Research in Tokyo. Principal responsibilities include:
- Providing support to single stock research analysts
- Building, maintaining and updating company forecast and valuation models
- Analyzing market share, macro trend, and cross company and sub sector data analysis
- Write research notes on companies under coverage
- Working on company / sector-specific projects
- Conducting statistical analysis of economic data, fundamentals, and relevant correlations of the data
- Update monthly reports and marketing presentations
- Working closely with Content Management Group to ensure timely publication of research reports
- Respond to ad hoc requests from clients, sales and traders
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- University degree (finance, accounting major preferable)
- 3-4 years relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Japanese
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and creative skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work/conduct independently and with limited supervision
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong ability to perform financial statement, business and valuation analysis
- Comparable business/financial/consulting experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think laterally and exercise good judgment
- Self-starter attitude with high level of enthusiasm for equity research.
- Natural curiosity, critical thinking, logical thinking
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top