Global Investment Research, Content Management, Supervisory Analyst, Vice President/ Associate - USA
- New York, NY
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Global Investment Research forms a vital link between the Firm's business divisions by providing analyses that significantly impact markets, companies, industries, economies and currencies worldwide in three main areas: economics, portfolio strategy and securities analysis. In partnership with the analyst teams and other parts of the Content Management Group, the Supervisory Analyst helps to provide accurate and compliant commercial product for use by buy-side firms to structure portfolios and the Goldman Sachs sales force in its interaction with investing clients.
Working closely with the head of Content Management and other members of the Research Publishing team, the goal of the SA is to:
- Manage the SA review and production process of reports and other research product (e.g., podcasts, videos) from point of submission to point of distribution
- Engage with lead research analysts and their teams to improve the quality of published research
- Work on ad hoc projects such as systems development and reviewing and updating SA guidelines based on Legal/Compliance policies and research management objectives
- Train and develop Global Investment Research team members on overall editorial/compliance procedures, templates, GS writing style and subject frameworks
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years' experience as a Supervisory Analyst (SA/editing skills must be demonstrated through a standard test)
- NYSE Series 16 qualification
- Knowledge of standard accounting terms and calculations
- Prior experience and proficiency working in a Windows-based PC environment, knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is necessary
- Familiarity with all disciplines of Research, including Equity, Credit, and Macro (Economics, Strategy, others), ideal
- Willingness to work weekends preferred; flexible on primary region of support (Americas, Europe, or Asia)
- High motivation - we are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, a positive approach, and a genuine interest in business and the financial markets
- Flexibility - our business and what it requires of us are constantly evolving; we seek individuals keen to adapt and thrive in an environment of change
- Ability to see the big picture - to look at the structure, arguments and balance of a report and suggest practical ideas for enhancing its commercial effectiveness
- Proven time management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and juggle several projects at the same time and to work under tight deadline pressure
- Ability to multi-task and work with teams as well as independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must manage relationships with large group of internal clients, including direct managers, analyst teams, global editorial counterparts, compliance officers and representatives from other departments
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top