Global Investment Research, Conglomerates and Gaming, Vice President - Hong Kong
Are you passionate about research and generating investment ideas? We're looking for a professional to join our Conglomerates & Gaming sector team in Hong Kong, to develop valuable insights and investment ideas for our clients.
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Working as a key member of the team, the goal of the Writing Analyst is to:
- Be responsible for the specific analysis of individual companies and their equities within the Asian conglomerates and gaming sectors (publishing reports, initiating sales calls and marketing investment opinions)
- Produce regular reports summarizing findings and predictions, as well as responsibility for the sector news flow and contributing to overall sector views/pieces
- Develop financial models and interpret data and analysis on market, economic and political events
- Develop strong relationships and have regular communications with the Equities sales force and traders, clients and companies' management
- Provide guidance and coaching to junior team members to build technical and soft skills
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 5 years of equity research experience covering Conglomerates and Gaming sector stocks is preferred
- CFA qualification, and/or Bachelors or Master degree in economics/finance/ accounting
- Strong understanding of the Asian Conglomerates and Gameing sector and macro economy
- Strong writing and communication skills in English and Cantonese
- Excellent modeling skills are required as well as a solid grounding in accounting/financial fundamentals
- Highly analytical thinker and writer
- Ability to respond quickly to changing situations is a must
- Well-developed commercial attitude and client marketing/relationship management skills
- Demonstrable time management and prioritization skills desirable
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. ? The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top