Global Investment Research, Asia Economist, Analyst - Hong Kong / Singapore
Are you passionate about research and generating investment ideas? We're looking for a professional to join our Hong Kong/Singapore Economics team, to work with senior Economists to develop valuable insights and investment ideas for our clients.
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
We are seeking a candidate with a strong academic background in a quantitative discipline (with a major or significant coursework in economics) to join the Asia Economics team within GIR. The team focuses on the development of regional economies and their implications for financial assets, with a particular focus on fixed income and currencies.
The Research Business Analyst's primary responsibilities will include:
- Support senior analysts with data preparation and analysis
- Assist in preparation of publishing charts and reports
- Maintain and enhance analytical models
- Over time, assist in interpreting and commenting on economic data releases , and present economic/market views to internal and external clients
- Bachelors degree with strong quantitative background - with major or significant coursework in economics
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good organizational/multi-tasking skills and focus on meeting deadlines
- Enthusiasm for research - challenging conventional wisdom and getting the right answer
- Ability to work both independently and to coordinate/interact effectively in team settings
- Strong communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Prior work experience in research-related roles; proven ability to publish original and thought-provoking research
- Additional training (e.g. Masters or PhD) in economics
- Knowledge of statistical software such as eViews /SAS / MatLab / R
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese and/or other regional languagues
- Proficiency in the use of external databases including Bloomberg, Reuters, Haver, CEIC
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top