Global Compliance - Compliance Technology Office - Delivery Management -Associate - Bengaluru
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Summary of the Role
The Compliance Technology Office is looking for a tech-savvy delivery manager who can drive the delivery of detective monitoring projects (i.e., surveillances, investigation tools, etc.) that cut across various teams and topics and have a strategic impact on the firm's Compliance program. Specifically, this role will focus heavily on delivery of Compliance projects, with a focus on prioritizing, tracking, delivering, and reporting. This is a hands-on role that requires a diligent, persistent delivery manager who understands Compliance and Engineering concepts. The ideal candidate should be a strong communicator with experience working with VP and MD-level stakeholders. As needed, the candidate would be expected to help enforce framework requirements and coordinate ad-hoc projects. Similar examples of recent initiatives that may be carried out in this role include:
- Redesign and implemented a new global delivery management framework for Compliance Engineering
- Coordinate within Compliance implementation of cryptocurrency trading
- 4+ years of experience, preferably in consulting or financial services
- Strong delivery and project management experience (e.g. create and manage project governance, run meetings, update stakeholders, create project plans)
- Diligent, persistent, interpersonal, adaptable, comfortable with uncertainty
- Technically savvy
- Analytical and problem solving skills and experience working with and analyzing data (e.g., experience utilizing Excel, Alteryx, Tableau, etc.)
- Working knowledge of financial markets and products
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Prior exposure to surveillances is a plus, either designing/managing surveillance programs or performing surveillances.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top