GIR, Research Merchandising VP/Associate - New York
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs' Global Investment Research division delivers value-added research to clients in the equity, fixed income, currency and commodities markets. Goldman Sachs develops global client-focused research in economics, portfolio strategy, derivatives and equity and credit securities. Our clients use these insights and investment ideas to develop their strategies.
Global Investment Research produces original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies. Our research teams continually identify and analyze financial information, strategic issues and trends that affect companies, industries and markets on a regional and global scale.
Working alongside the senior Merchandiser, the goal of the Merchandising VP/Associate is to build relationships across Goldman Sachs plus develop product that serves a dual purpose:
(1) to curate and prioritize the myriad of research being published every day to inform GS divisions that can benefit from its insight; and
(2) to draw external clients into GS research.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with digital platforms and ability to "think outside the box" about new ways to curate and deliver research to the Street
- Experience with interacting with senior management both within GS and clients of the firm
- Enjoys networking and developing and maintaining relationships across a wide range of divisions and desks within Goldman Sachs
- Interest in markets, companies, and economics
- Ability to work on a team co-located in NY and Bengaluru
- Solid analytical ability with experience in Excel
- Does not necessarily need to have direct experience working for a Wall Street firm
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top