GIR, Macro Research - Interest Rates Strategy, Associate, London
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Global Investment Research (GIR) produces original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies. Our research teams continually identify and analyze financial information, strategic issues and trends that affect companies, industries and markets on a regional and global scale. Our clients use these insights and investment ideas to develop their strategies.
The Macro Research team focuses on the intersection between economics and financial markets across a wide class of assets including equities, rates, FX, credit, mortgages and commodities. The Global Interest Rates, FX & EM Strategy team analyzes the economic and political drivers of exchange rates, local interest rates, and hard currency sovereign credit, and provides investment advice to the firm's institutional and corporate clients.
Summary of Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced London-based strategist for the Interest Rates Strategy team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Publishing timely and innovative research on macroeconomic and political trends and their impact on rates markets
- Presenting our market views to a wide range of senior clients
- Collaborating with the broader Macro Strategy team as well as our regional economists
- Supporting internal stakeholders in institutional client services (sales and trading) and across the firm
Preferred Qualifications & Skillset
- At least three years' experience working in macroeconomic and/or markets research, ideally with direct experience developing and communicating investment ideas
- Ideal candidate would have background analyzing rates markets and/or developed market economies
- Masters or PhD in macroeconomics, asset pricing, or closely related fields
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills; other language skills a plus
- Strong quantitative skills and fluency in applied statistics and econometrics
- Deep curiosity, and a passion for the intersection between macroeconomics and markets
- Desire to work in team-centric environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top