GIR - Macro Research - Analyst - Bengaluru
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Macro Research team focuses on the intersection between economics and financial markets across a wide class of assets including equities, rates, FX, credit, mortgages and commodities. The Global Interest Rates, FX & EM Strategy team analyzes the economic and political drivers of exchange rates, local interest rates, and hard currency sovereign credit, and provides investment advice to the firm's institutional and corporate clients.
Summary of Responsibilities
We are seeking an Analyst, Bengaluru-based strategist for the Interest Rates Strategy team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analyzing and interpreting large amounts of data related to macroeconomic and political events
- Presenting data and conclusions in a clean and efficient manner
- Collaborating with the broader Macro Strategy team as well as our regional economists
- Supporting internal stakeholders in institutional client services (sales and trading) and across the firm
Preferred Qualifications & Skillset
- Master's degree required, preferably majors in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) or Economics or Finance or Accounting
- 1-2 years of experience analyzing, creating and marketing investment ideas
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages such as R, MATLAB, SAS, Stata, Python, etc. preferred
- Strong quantitative skills and fluency in applied statistics and econometrics
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office products, tools and utilities for business use.
- Deep curiosity, and a passion for the intersection between macroeconomics and markets
- Desire to work in team-centric environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top