GIR, High Yield Credit Research, Energy, Business Analyst/Associate
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Global Investment Research forms a vital link between the Firm's business divisions by providing analyses that significantly impact markets, companies, industries, economies and currencies worldwide in three main areas: securities analysis, portfolio strategy and economics. Our research analysts are some of the highest ranked on the Street and earn their reputation by analyzing the performance of companies and industry sectors and developing key investment ideas that are used by buy-side firms to structure portfolios and the Goldman Sachs sales force in its interaction with investing clients. Working closely with a Managing Director in Credit Research, the Business Analyst/Associate will be responsible for:
- Analyzing High Yield companies and publishes investment recommendations on their debt securities
- Developing and update financial models using excel, which are used to project cash flow and earnings, and provide detailed analysis of capital structures
- Publishing industry and company specific reports
- Working extensively with our sales force, trading desk and strategy team
- Daily dialog with investor clients, corporate issuers of debt securities, sales and trading
- Developing presentations for marketing use to external and internal clients
- A minimum of 1 year of professional experience within credit or equity research. Preference for Energy sector experience.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Coursework or experience with accounting and the financial markets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong in excel with advanced financial modeling skills
- Ability to work in a high energy environment
- Comfortable taking initiative and being resourceful/entrepreneurial
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous teams
- Passion for following the markets, both debt and equity
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top