GIR, Global Macro Research, US Economics, VP/Associate � NY
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are seeking a PhD candidate in economics to join the Global Macro Research team in New York. Macro Research focuses on the intersection between economics and financial markets across a wide class of assets including equities, fixed income/credit, currencies, and commodities. This role reports to our chief economist.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
- Generte unique, thematic written research
- Develop quantitative models to forecast economic growth, inflation, and interest rates
- Interpret and comment on high-frequency economic data releases
- Build and maintain financial models
- Present economic views to external and internal clients
- PhD in Economics
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- A proven capability for original and thought-provoking research
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a close team setting
- An enthusiastic researcher
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to interact with global stakeholders
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top