GIR, Global Macro Research, Portfolio Strategy, Business Analyst – Salt Lake City
Global Investment Research (GIR) produces original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies. Our research teams continually identify and analyze financial information, strategic issues and trends that affect companies, industries and markets on a regional and global scale. Our clients use these insights and investment ideas to develop their strategies.
The US Portfolio Strategy group analyzes the direction of equity markets, the impact of economic influences on industries and evaluates the attractiveness of investment in various sectors. The group advises institutional investors on strategies for profit maximization and risk management for equity portfolios.
Working closely with the US Chief Portfolio Strategist and other members of the team, the Business Analyst assists in:
- Analyzing and interpreting large amounts of data related to stock market, economic and political events
- Presenting data and conclusions in a clean and efficient manner to senior stakeholders
- Recommending equity investment strategies involving index performance, sector allocation, and macro themes through written reports
- Collaborating with macro and single-stock groups within research
- Communicating with the Equities sales force/traders and external clients
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably majors in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) or Economics or Finance or Accounting
- 1-3 years of experience analyzing, creating and marketing investment ideas
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages such as R, MATLAB, SAS, Stata, etc. preferred
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top