GIR, Global Macro Research, Global FX Strategy Business Analyst/Associate, New York
GLOBAL INVESTMENT RESEARCH
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Global Investment Research
Global Investment Research (GIR) produces original, fundamental research and analysis of industries, companies and economies. Our research teams continually identify and analyze financial information, strategic issues and trends that affect companies, industries and markets on a regional and global scale. Our clients use these insights and investment ideas to develop their strategies.
The Macro Research team focuses on the intersection between economics and financial markets across a wide class of assets including equities, rates, FX, credit, mortgages and commodities. The FX & EM Strategy team analyzes the economic and political drivers of exchange rates, local interest rates, and hard currency sovereign credit, and provides investment advice to the firm's institutional and corporate clients.
Summary of Responsibilities
We are seeking a New York-based strategist for the FX &EM Strategy team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Publishing timely and innovative research on macroeconomic and political trends and their impact on exchange rate markets
- Presenting our market views to internal stakeholders and external clients
- Contributing quantitative research and other analytical support to team members
- Collaborating with the broader global Macro Strategy team as well as our regional economists
Preferred Qualifications & Skillset
- 1-3 years' experience working in macroeconomic and/or markets research in financial services industry or policy institution
- Ideal candidate would have background analyzing foreign exchange markets and/or international macroeconomic issues
- Advanced degree in economics, finance, or closely related fields
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills; other language skills a plus
- Strong quantitative skills and experience using statistical analysis software
- Deep curiosity, and a passion for the intersection between macroeconomics and markets
- Desire to work in team-centric environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top